Sunday, July 4, 2021

Gum Balls and an Peeling Boat

Well, things are turning around on this COVID-19 thing. The percentage of vax'd people is climbing which to some is a good thing. But just to keep us miserable - we were trapped under a "Heat Dome" for about a week. Roads and sidewalks were buckling. At one point, I was a little nervouse about spontaneous combustion. Mine and the apartment's. The surfaces all over the house were hot - I mean really hot to the touch. I thought that in a heat stroke moment I'd turned on my stove and left it on. THAT's how hot surfaces were in here. I hope that never happens again! Holy Hannah! It was hotter than Hades. *blech!* It was awful.

Had some fun with some tabletop pictures. I had to keep myself from posting all the pics. Be happy I kept it down to just these two. This makes me think that it is probably time to get tabletop shots done for Christmas cards. To-do list is getting long.

This Sunday it was still warm-ish so we headed out early and to be near water.
Our go-to water in our area is the mighty/muddy Fraser River. It was at very low tide this morning and all the neat and tidy parcels of logs were resting on the mucky/silty bottom.

We enjoyed driving mostly in the shade and pulling over to take shots of things of interest. We've lost count of how many times we've been up and down that stretch of road and still notice different things to shoot. We are always accompanied by packs of cyclists. Coming and going up and down the narrow road thinking themselves above the law and wander like they are the only wheeled conveyances on the road. 

We finally after so many years of just driving by it stopped and shot some pics of this beautifully disintegrating boat up on blocks. The sun's done a number on its paint over the years. Its rust is probably holding together but it's a beauty to this photographer!

Photos from the past couple of weeks.

















No comments:

Post a Comment