Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Morning Coffee and a New Art Installation

New Westminster, British Columbia was a quaint little city when I moved here a couple of decades ago.
In these twenty odd years, I've had to watch sun blocking condos go up in horrible numbers. Learned to maneuvered sidewalks that are now over crowded with lollygagging pedestrians and navigating the many narrow streets feeling the building road-rage from impatient 'just-passing-through' drivers to get to the highway.

I miss my quaint little city.

However I'm glad to see that - despite the intrusion of the ghastly number of highrise condos the city has given the thumbs up to - the New Westminster Quay and boardwalk area is confined by natural building restraints on two sides - the Fraser River and - to the bain-of-many-apartment-owners existance - the CP Rail lines.

Bless them both!

This week the local paper made room for an article about an interesting art installation that was, well, installed down on the boardwalk. It's ..... organic?

But before the boardwalk a few random shots that were sitting in my camera before I head down the hill. Did I mention that I live up the hill from this amazing little corner of New West?


Getting artsy-fartsy with light and shadows on my curtain and blinds.
Pixel & Dakota playing nice - for about seven minutes.
Yes it's a wall. The wall at Starbucks.
Getting artsy-fartsy with shadows again.
Some complexes on the Quay come with Venice-esque surroundings.
This artsy-fartsy gal would like to call this place home.
The Art. Installation. In all its glory.
I'm making fun but it's a beautiful piece!
Some cool-ass flowers that have even cooler-ass insides.
A couple of the locals.
Gurgling fountains just add to the ambiance down there!
What fountain isn't complete without lily pads. And humungous Koi fish!
A lonely blossom... 'fine art' artsy-fartsy shot.
So cool to see a train go across the river on WOODEN TIES!
How it doesn't collapse is beyond me.
Artsy.......
......fartsy


It's an amazing little pocket down there by the river with endless photo 'ops'.
I'll probably bombard this blog with many more pictures from the Quay.
Going back down there tomorrow morning to try and catch a sunrise.
Parking Karma willing ..... .... ....








No comments:

Post a Comment