Saturday, August 11, 2018

Midweek Randoms

Still as hot as Hades out there this week. There doesn't seem to be an end to this heatwave. We're all pretty limp and worn out. Aside from the horrible wildfires everywhere, fires erupted down here in the lower mainland too. Richmond, North Vancouver... This Friday, a stack of cars on a barge on the Fraser river caught fire. The plume of smoke could be seen for kilometres. The smell filled the apartment. Who knows what's next to go up in flames!






I "harvested" my windowsill corn today. Not too bad for not having a clue what I was doing. I got a handful of cobs. Let's just leave it at that. Maybe I'll dry them out and keep them as decorations.









And my short haired ginger cat should be bald. I brush him every night - at his insistence. I started keeping the fur balls I collected back in May to see how much he would shed. It got too much to save. I wonder if I could make a sweater out of it if I keep it.




No comments:

Post a Comment