Monday, May 14, 2018

Are all dog parks always this empty all the time?

Here we are again. Another Sunday morning breakfast and drive. Spring is busy getting ready for summer to step in and take over. Everything is bursting with new green and plants are stretching after a long winter slumber.

We ventured a little farther than our usual New West/Burnaby route and found yet another beautiful park. The Everett Crowley Park just across the line into Vancouver. - with on/off leash trails.

I sit at my computer table editing pictures after our drives and without exception, I get a visitor or two perching on the roof outside my window that I feel obliged to capture. Normally it's the neighbourhood crows or pigeons but today I was visited by a curious sea gull.

a visitor outside my 'studio' window
made a stop at Mandeville's after breakfast

scattered water jugs at park entrance to fill and bring along with you
to fill up dog water stations all along the trails






After the park we headed back into New Westminster and popped in at a local dog park. To my disappointment t wasn't actually teeming with activity. Like any other designated dog park I've seen - it was relatively empty. Are all dog parks always this empty, all the time? And if they are, will they be shut down for lack of use? I hope not. And I hope I've just not visited them at peak doggy time.

one of the only two pups using the dog park


Beagle / Basenji Battle (the Beagle won)


Two posts back we came across double named cross streets. Gordon & Gordon and Buckingham & Buckingham. Today was no exception. Found another one on Sunday . Maybe we need to zigzag through the city and get a bunch more. 

so this felt like an appropriate shot for the 13th image of the post

No comments:

Post a Comment