Thursday, June 8, 2023

A view from New Westminster's Parkade

Another stellar morning. I wish we could bottle mornings like this to open it in the future.

He decided that it was time I take a look at the monolithic highrises that are going up right on the water. I truly pity the folks who have to live in their shadows. Sadly we can't deny the fact that this area is quickly running out of places to live. We're borrowing a page from the 'How-Hong-Kong-Fits-So-Many People-In-So-Little-Space' handbook. We're growing UP instead of OUT. We're backed up against mountains on three sides and the Pacific on the fourth. We have nowhere else to go but up. I won't get into my anxiety about living in a major earthquake zone with all these menacing towers and their glass walls. Yes, there's the valley but can we please, please, please keep some land for farming. People like to eat. 

Anyway, these are just two in an ever growing steel and glass jungle. Took some pictures from the (locally?) famous New Westminster parkade over Front street (where many television and film productions are shot) and this is what I shot...



No comments:

Post a Comment